I don’t normally make new years resolutions and I am not going to start now. I am reading lists of things people hope to accomplish in the new year and I am realizing this tradition is one of those two-faced kind of deals. We pass it off as all this great stuff we are finally going to accomplish: lose weight, exercise more, save more, blah, blah, blah
but what we are really doing is saying where we are right now isn’t good enough.
Don’t get me wrong. I am all for goal setting and self-improvement, and deepening our relationships with Christ. I am simply asking why is it that we do top 10 lists containing the best of everything from movies to web sites, books to beverages but when we sit down to compile a list on ourselves the list that emerges contains all the areas we fall short? So in honor of celebrating the passing year and to ring the new year in with praise I have decided to make a list of top 10 things that overcame or worked though with Christ help in the past year.
10) In faith, trusted the Lord and used my spiritual gifts more, especially in the area of sharing words, dreams, and visions I have received. A few rejected but the amount of people who were amazed by GOD’s timing and encouraged was mind-blowing. I love how The Holy Spirit reaches out to all of us.
9) I am allowed a community of people to deeply know who I am,
even my horrible parts and THEY STILL LOVE ME!
8 ) I regained direction for my life as far as a career and started school
7) lived though being homeless and jobless with an amazing amount of peace (most days a few times I freaked out) and seeing GOD provide in ways I never could have dreamt.
6) I learned by living though having nothing there are only about 5 things in life a person can’t live without and that non of those things are things.
5) I have gained a deeper level of understanding and appreciation for how backwards and different Kingdom principles are vs earthly principles. Things like giving and focusing on others when I was the one in desperate need. Releasing things so they can really be mine, praise during the storm.
4) Revelations given by The Holy Spirit on scripture. The one that made the biggest personal difference in my life was realizing that in Genesis GOD Spoke to create things but in the scripture account of creation when the Bible says GOD was forming things He doesn’t speak. I realized when GOD is silent more is going on than I think. that is when He is forming and molding me. (love to talk about this if anyone wants to or is currently frustrated by GODs silent.
3) GOD Can’t lie. It is not even possible. If He said it than it is true. GOD loves laughter and joy but he is not a trickster.
2) Humility is not thinking I am lowly, untalented, unworthy or ungifted. It is knowing I am In Christ and that when people compliment me or thank me to not accept it is basically tell GOD I don’t believe in the talents and abilities He game me. I learned that The Holy Spirit has given me gifts that can change lives; mine and others. To not walk confidently in them is the true meaning of blaspheming The Holy Spirit.
1) I am a daughter of the King. I am a princess and not only do I need to live like it. I need to expect that My Father will provide and treat me like royal family. The world is His and when I ask to take part in seeing it fall deeper in love with Him, the answer is always Yes and Amen.
So GOD is good, all the time and all the time GOD is good. That is the summary of what I learned this year and hope to gain an even deeper understanding of in 2011.
I would love to know what were the big things you learned this year?